Workout Wednesday #20
This weeks workout is a mixed circuit working the whole body.
1. Sandbag Slam with Side Shuffle
- Set up 2 sandbags or medicine balls about a meter apart. Slam one, immediately side shuffle across to the other bag/ball and slam it. Move backwards and forwards continuously until the round/reps are done.
2. Med Ball Twist Throw
- Stand sideways on to a solid wall with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Hold the ball between both hands at about chest height, the arm furthest from the wall should be parallel to the floor with the other arm used to support the ball. Rotate towards the wall driving the medicine ball towards the wall as hard as you can. Pick up the medicine ball and repeat for desired reps/time.
3. One Leg Explosive Lunge Jump
- Start in a lunge position with the back knee touching the floor. Explode upwards as high as you can, land and reset to starting position. Repeat for desired reps/time.
4. Dumbbell Piston Shoulder Press
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height. Your palms should be facing inwards towards your face. Have your feet shoulder width apart, with your knees slightly bent. Alternately, drive the hands upwards extending the hand above your head, moving as fast and explosively as you can. Repeat for desired reps/time.
5. Goblet Squat
- Holding a dumbbell or kettlebell in front of you, beneath your chin at chest height. Squat down keeping your back straight and the weight close to your body.
6. Burpee with Press Up
- Add the press up at the bottom of the movement.
1. 20 Reps - 10 per bag/bell
2. 20 Reps - 10 each side
3. 20 Reps - 10 each side
4. 20 Reps - 10 per arm
5. 10 Reps
6. 10 Reps
Complete all exercises back to back, moving from one to the next with no rest.
Rest for 1-2 minutes between rounds.
Complete 5 rounds.
There you have it. Give it a try and let us know how you get on.
The Springhealth Team